Cryp_fakeAV-54 is a behavior-based label that’s used to identify certain types of fake anti-virus programs. Fake or rogue anti-virus applications like Cryp_fakeAV-54 typically create inaccurate infection alerts and scanner results to make you think that your PC is heavily infected. Since Cryp_fakeAV-54 is a generic label, other symptoms of Cryp_fakeAV-54 infection may vary, but common side effects of a rogue security software-infected PC include browser hijacks, disabled security programs and changed system settings. Deleting Cryp_fakeAV-54 with appropriate anti-malware software is recommended, to reduce the chance of further damage to your computer.
Noting Cryp_fakeAV-54 by Its Symptoms
All cases of a Cryp_fakeAV-54 infection use the Cryp_fakeAV-54 label as part of a heuristic or behavior-based identification method. This identifies Cryp_fakeAV-54 by its possession of functions and characteristics that are similar to many types of fake anti-virus programs. However, within this scope, Cryp_fakeAV-54 still has plenty of room for variety – Cryp_fakeAV-54 may be a Trojan or virus, or it may even contain additional functions like keylogging or the ability to create a backdoor in your network security.
Looking past the variety of potential Cryp_fakeAV-54 attacks, you can suspect a Cryp_fakeAV-54 infection if you see one or more of the following symptoms:
- The appearance of unusual pop-up messages. These messages may try to alert you about infections that really aren’t on your PC or they may try to encourage you to install Cryp_fakeAV-54′s payload.
Would you like this program to make changes to your computer?
- Cryp_fakeAV-54 may also install rogue security programs that pretend to scan your computer for infections, hard drive errors and other issues. Rogue programs will always find serious problems on your PC, since their only purpose is to frighten you into buying the ‘full’ product.
- Sudden lack of access to certain security or system maintenance programs, including anti-virus scanners, Task Manager and other basic tools. Rogue applications that are installed by Cryp_fakeAV-54 may block these applications based on their names, delete their related Registry values or use other ways to prevent them from functioning.
The Right Way to Kick Cryp_fakeAV-54 Out of Your Hard Drive
Cryp_fakeAV-54 may infect multiple files, launch itself without permission, conceal its own memory process or install other harmful programs. All of these probable functions mean that the best way to delete Cryp_fakeAV-54 is by relying on suitable anti-virus software.
Since an active Cryp_fakeAV-54 may try to disable your security software before you actually can remove Cryp_fakeAV-54, you’ll want to use an alternate boot mode to avoid triggering Cryp_fakeAV-54. Safe Mode is the most readily available way of disabling Cryp_fakeAV-54 and similar harmful programs, and can be accessed by tapping F8 while the computer restarts. Alternate strategies include loading Windows from the original CD or using an operating system that’s installed on a USB drive.
Cryp_fakeAV-54 Automatic Detection Tool (Recommended)
Is your PC infected with Cryp_fakeAV-54? To safely & quickly detect Cryp_fakeAV-54, we highly recommend you run the malware scanner listed below.
Download SpyHunter's* Malware Scanner to detect Cryp_fakeAV-54 What happens if Cryp_fakeAV-54 does not let you open SpyHunter or blocks the Internet?
File System Modifications
- The following files were created in the system:
# File Name 1 %PROGRAM_FILES%\Cryp_fakeAV-54\
- The following newly produced Registry Values are:
Posted: July 18, 2011 | By SpywareRemove
Threat Level: 6/10
Rate this article: