The Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux worm hides in your system folder and may disable security and system maintenance programs required by Windows for healthy functioning. Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux attempts to proliferate through networks and removable drive devices and will conceal itself in folders central to your system. For the sake of your own computer’s security as well as for the sake of other computers that may be infected, you should try to delete Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux expediently before it can spread or attack your computer in earnest.
Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux Will Travel (to Your Computer!)
Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux is able to attack many different versions of Windows, including Windows 7. Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux is been observed to gather IP addresses from machines sharing a network with the infected system, allowing Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux to infect the others through buffer overrun-based vulnerabilities. Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux can also launch its own servers and may be able to use MAPI functions and email programs to spread itself.
Any infected system connected to the Internet is in danger of spreading the Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux infection; even offline computers may spread Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux through removable drive-based peripheral devices. Protecting yourself from Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux in large part requires the constant use of trustworthy anti-malware programs that can repel the infection even through shared network files and other methods of entry.
A Sum Up of Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux’s Potential Damage
A computer that has Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux on it will suffer several ill effects, most prominently in terms of security:
- The Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux worm will attempt to conceal itself in your operating system folder. This behavior can indirectly damage your computer if Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux attempts to overwrite or corrupt an essential system file.
- Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux will add entries to the registry to let Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux run from a normal boot without being easily detected.
- Even checking for the running process in Task Manager may not work, because this PC threat can also disable your Task Manager! Lack of access to Task Manager will neuter your ability to detect running processes and may make it very difficult to locate or shut down worms and other malware like Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux.
- Along with disabling your Task Manager, Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux may also prevent you from using the Registry Editor. This prevents you from finding Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux’s registry entries and deleting them manually.
- There have also been incidents of Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux disabling the System Restore capability. This is used to ‘roll back’ the system to a previous stable state, and without this function, your computer may need a total reinstallation from scratch.
The extreme risks presented by this worm mandate deleting Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux swiftly. If Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux prevents you from accessing programs required to accomplish this, you may need to use the Safe Mode boot option. This mode may prevent Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux from running, which will let you clean Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux out and resume a normal wormless life.
Trojan/Win32.Pher [Antiy-AVL]TR/Dldr.Pher.GKP.9 [AntiVir]Mal/Behav-053 [Sophos]Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Pher.gkp [Kaspersky]Trojan/Downloader.Pher.gkp [TheHacker]Artemis!14D0C818B8B4 [McAfee]Trojan-Downloader/W32.Pher.1400832.D [nProtect]Trojan.Fakesec-123 [ClamAV]TROJ_FAKEAV.SME2 [TrendMicro-HouseCall]a variant of Win32/Kryptik.IEG [NOD32]
More aliases (175)
Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux Automatic Detection Tool (Recommended)
Is your PC infected with Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux? To safely & quickly detect Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux, we highly recommend you run the malware scanner listed below.
Download SpyHunter's* Malware Scanner to detect Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux What happens if Worm.Win32.AutoIt.ux does not let you open SpyHunter or blocks the Internet?
File System Modifications
Tutorials: If you wish to learn how to remove malware components manually, you can read the tutorials on how to find malware, kill unwanted processes, remove malicious DLLs and delete other harmful files. Always be sure to back up your PC before making any changes.
- The following files were created in the system:
Posted: March 2, 2011 | By SpywareRemove
Threat Level: 5/10
Rate this article:
Detection Count: 410