Spyware Protection 2010 Description
Spyware Protection 2010 is rogue software that detects errors on your system that don’t exist for the purpose of directing you towards Spyware Protection 2010′s website. Any information or money transferred through this site is entirely unsafe and in criminal hands. Deleting Spyware Protection 2010 is a necessity for keeping your computer secure, since the rogue product is able to disable most programs, reduce or entirely eliminate your computer security, and may cause other problems to boot.
Spyware Protection 2010 Malware-Riddled Beginnings
Made available by brute force infiltration since 2010, Spyware Protection 2010 has been promoted mostly by Trojans and other stealth-oriented malware. This has allowed Spyware Protection 2010 to infect computers across wireless networks, through removable hard drives, and even through advertising and compromised software updates.
It’s likely that your security software, if you have any to begin with, will have Spyware Protection 2010 in its definitions, making catching the infection before Spyware Protection 2010 acts a non-issue. Thus, Spyware Protection 2010 is only truly a problem for people who download Spyware Protection 2010 by mistake and people who are on the Internet without any appropriate protective software running.
Spyware Protection 2010 Warning Signs
Spyware Protection 2010′s hostility and invasiveness give many different and easily-justified reasons for removing Spyware Protection 2010 quickly if it’s on your computer. Some of these actions are general to similar types of malware, but others place Spyware Protection 2010 a bit higher on the threat list than the average rogue scanner.
- Your registry will contain alterations, especially ones inclined towards automatically running malware like Spyware Protection 2010 in a normal Windows boot mode.
- Frequent and falsified error messages will occur. Spyware Protection 2010 uses these messages to inform you of Spyware Protection 2010′s (fake) usefulness and give you a reason to purchase it.
- System resources such as RAM and hard drive space will be used heavily. Spyware Protection 2010 may use these resources to download malware besides itself, or Spyware Protection 2010 may simply use them up to slow down your computer and induce panic.
- Spyware Protection 2010 may also hijack your browser, redirecting it to Spyware Protection 2010′s own website through additional fake error messages or other means.
- Spyware Protection 2010 has been reported to disable firewalls in some instances. This allows remote attackers to gain control over your computer and leaves your system open to any malware that targets it
- Worst of all, Spyware Protection 2010 or malware aligned with it can shut down virtually any processes or programs the hackers want shut down. In extreme instances, almost everything save for Internet Explorer has been reported to be debilitated, with the browser excepted solely for its ability to transfer money from the victim to the hackers.
Timely reaction and the use of a true virus scanner to combat the fraud Spyware Protection 2010 will generally allow your computer to escape with minimal or no damage. Having updated security software is strongly encouraged, since deleting Spyware Protection 2010 alone will usually leave attendant malware that may simply re-infect your system with Spyware Protection 2010 a second time over.
Spyware Protection 2010 belongs to the FakeRean family, which includes members such as Vista Security 2013, Internet Security Protection, Antispyware Pro 2012, Win 7 Security 2013, Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013, Vista Internet Security Pro 2013, Privacy Protection, Win 8 Security Suite 2013, XP Home Security 2012, Security Cleaner Pro, Win 7 Home Security 2013, XP Internet Security Pro 2013, Windows 7 Internet Security 2012, Internet Security Pro, Win 7 Internet Security 2013, Win 8 Antispyware 2013, Vista Internet Security 2013, AntiSpy Safeguard, Win 7/XP/Vista Protection 2013, Vista Home Security 2013, Vista Security Plus 2013, MySafePC 2014 , Win 7 Internet Security 2011, XP Internet Security 2013, Win 7 Security 2012, Win 7 Total Security 2013, Vista Security Cleaner Pro, XP Antivirus Plus 2013, XP Antivirus 2013, Vista Antivirus Plus 2013, Win 7/Vista/XP Smart Defender, Antivirus2008, XP Antispyware 2013, Win 7 Defender Plus 2013, Win 8 Defender 2013, XP Security Plus 2013, Vista Security 2012, Internet Security Premium, Win Server Defender, Windows 7 Antispyware 2012, XP Defender Plus 2013, Windows Essentials Pro 2013, Win 8 Protection 2013, Internet Security Plus, XP Total Security 2013, Internet Protector and Vista Antivirus 2012.
W32/CodePack.ABT!tr [Fortinet]Trojan-Downloader.Win32.CodecPack [Ikarus]Mal/FakeAV-GX [Sophos]TrojWare.Win32.Kryptik.VC [Comodo]Trojan.Agent/Gen-FrauderX [SUPERAntiSpyware]Win32:FakeAlert-VS [Avast]W32/FakeAlert.JO2.gen!Eldorado [F-Prot]Trojan.Generic.KDV.110606 [nProtect]High Risk Cloaked Malware [Prevx]Win32/Renos.H!generic [eTrust-Vet]
More aliases (64)
Spyware Protection 2010 Automatic Detection Tool (Recommended)
Is your PC infected with Spyware Protection 2010? To safely & quickly detect Spyware Protection 2010 we highly recommend you run the malware scanner listed below.
Download SpyHunter's* Malware Scanner to detect Spyware Protection 2010 What happens if Spyware Protection 2010 does not let you open SpyHunter or blocks the Internet?
Visual & GUI Characteristics
File System Modifications
Tutorials: If you wish to learn how to remove malware components manually, you can read the tutorials on how to find malware, kill unwanted processes, remove malicious DLLs and delete other harmful files. Always be sure to back up your PC before making any changes.
Posted: November 2, 2010 | By SpywareRemove
Rate this article: