As per its name, Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf is a Trojan infection that drops other malware onto your computer. Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf will usually infect your computer through dishonest means and may often be bundled with other kinds of malware automatically. Other dangers offered by Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf include network-based propagation, a disabled firewall or other security, browser hijacking, unwanted additions to your registry and potential access by remote attackers. This high security risk shouldn’t be underestimated; deleting Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf too slowly can cause permanent damage to your system or result in confidential information being leaked to criminals.
Vulnerabilities that Can Cause Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf to Creep onto Your Computer
One significant danger with Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf infections are their high probability of using local networks to spread. Not interacting with network-shared files that haven’t been scanned and verified to be safe will reduce chances of infection. Beyond that, generally avoiding malicious websites and .exe files from risky sources will usually be adequate to defend your computer against Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf. Poor security settings, particularly on your browser, may let Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf infect you through website code, and a lack of updated security software will allow the Trojan generally easier access.
Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf may be dropped by other forms of malware, particularly by other Trojans. Given that Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf itself can drop malware, this scenario can easily escalate out of control and make full deletion of all threats very difficult.
Dulling Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf’s Claws
Recognizing the Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf threat first requires that you be aware of its background-running existence; Trojans like this one will always create startup registry entries to avoid detection while running automatically.
Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf can cause the following problems, but may have greater functionality as well:
- Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf will disable your security to enable its other functions. Your firewall is particularly likely to fall victim to Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf’s attacks, as are any security software you have running.
- The unauthorized download and installation is almost inevitable with Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf, as is the case with most Trojans. Other malware can be detected by strange processes and files, as well as by unusual system behavior such as frightening desktop alerts or malicious links embedded in browser content.
- Strange browser behavior can also occur, as Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf has been reported to hijack browsers. This may be used along with faked warnings or advertising to keep the user off of security sites, or simply to push the user into a dangerous site.
- Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf may also enable remote attackers to influence the infected computer. Actions taken by remote attackers can be as mild and subtle as spying on private information or as blatant as a wholesale grab for interface control.
No matter what the actions taken by any one Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf infection, its presence is always a heavy danger to any computer. Deleting Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf should be a priority for anyone dealing with this threat and is best handled through anti-malware programs designed to take Trojans out mercilessly.
Trojan.Win32.Generic.52427D23 [Rising]Win-Trojan/Seint.78340 [AhnLab-V3]Trojan/Powp.pu [Jiangmin]Gen:Trojan.Heur.FU.eqX@aSINVPg [BitDefender]W32/Suspicious_Gen2.EJPPS [Norman]Generic.dx!unp [McAfee]Win32.Trojan.Powp.gen.4.grp7 [CAT-QuickHeal]Trojan/W32.Powp.78340 [nProtect]Agent_r.MH [AVG]Trojan.Win32.Inject [Ikarus]
More aliases (520)
Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf Automatic Detection Tool (Recommended)
Is your PC infected with Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf? To safely & quickly detect Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf, we highly recommend you run the malware scanner listed below.
Download SpyHunter's* Malware Scanner to detect Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf What happens if Trojan.Win32.Powp.jmf does not let you open SpyHunter or blocks the Internet?
File System Modifications
Tutorials: If you wish to learn how to remove malware components manually, you can read the tutorials on how to find malware, kill unwanted processes, remove malicious DLLs and delete other harmful files. Always be sure to back up your PC before making any changes.
- The following files were created in the system:
Posted: February 28, 2011 | By SpywareRemove
Threat Level: 8/10
Rate this article:
Detection Count: 415