Why is it important to remove VirusBurst?
VirusBurst is an illegal and corrupt anti-spyware program!
VirusBurst pretends to act like an anti-spyware program, but it’s a very dangerous program that may scare you with false alerts so you’ll buy their software. Once you click on the fake message, you’ll be taken to VirusBurst’s website. VirusBurst may not really clean your computer, but may actually impair your computer, stealing your money.
VirusBurst is part of a group of rogue anti-spyware applications which falsely report spyware infections, then offer to remove the alleged spyware for a fee. Rogue anti-spyware applications similar to VirusBurst include SpywareQuake, Pest Trap and VirusBurst.
I have VirusBurst, what do I do?
You have many options for detecting and removing VirusBurst. The most extreme is reformatting your PC, possibly costing you all of your data and definitely costing hour of time wasted on reloading your PC to its original form. Reformatting your computer should be your last resort. If you’re having problems finding VirusBurst, try using a preferred spyware scanner to quickly detect VirusBurst first. If you don’t have a spyware scanner, you can always try the instructional methods provided below.
VirusBurst Removal Instructions Automatic Detection Tool (Recommended)
Is your PC infected with VirusBurst Removal Instructions? To safely & quickly detect VirusBurst Removal Instructions, we highly recommend you run the malware scanner listed below.
Download SpyHunter's* Malware Scanner to detect VirusBurst Removal Instructions What happens if VirusBurst Removal Instructions does not let you open SpyHunter or blocks the Internet?
- Start a full system scan to detect VirusBurst & other parasites.
- SpyHunter will automatically search for VirusBurst files.
Please note that SpyHunter’s free scanner is only for detection purposes. If SpyHunter’s scanner finds VirusBurst on your PC, you can buy SpyHunter’s full version to remove VirusBurst and other spyware.
Are you infected with VirusBurst?
Your machine may be infected with VirusBurst, if you have the following symptoms:
*Note: Symptoms tend to vary depending on software installed on your system and other system factors.
Symptom #1: A questionable red or green icon appears in your system tray next to the system clock, representing a newly installed program which you do not recall ever downloading. If you click on the icon a fake system alert popup will direct you to VirusBurst’s website. In some cases, even when you don’t click on the icon the fake system alert may still pop up.
Symptom #2: The questionable icon pops up a fake system alert that lures you into downloading VirusBurst program by stating that your computer is infected with dangerous spyware and that you should download VirusBurst program to remove the alleged infection. The false system alert may read:
“The system has detected a number of active spyware applications that may impact on the performance of your computer. Click the icon to get rid of unwanted spyware by downloading an up-to-date anti-spyware solution.”
Symptom #3: Once you’re infected, rogue anti-spyware VirusBurst will run on every time Windows starts up. A screenshot of VirusBurst is provided below.
VirusBurst Manual Detection
If you’ve discovered that VirusBurst has infected your PC, you must act quickly and take the proper steps to eliminating the infection. Note: The manual removal of any parasite is difficult. To avoid the unnecessary risk of damaging your computer, we advise you to download SpyHunter’s spyware scanner tool to automatically detect VirusBurst.
To manually remove VirusBurst, follow these removal steps:
Step #1: Remove VirusBurst with Windows Add/Remove Programs utility.
Sometimes all it takes to get rid of spyware like VirusBurst is to remove the program using the Add/Remove Programs control panel in Windows.
- In Windows XP Professional, click on Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- In Windows 2000 Professional / Windows ME / Windows 98, click on Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of programs, search for the software you want to remove. If you see a program you don’t recognize or don’t recall installing, look it up in Google to learn what it is.
- Select the questionable program and remove it with the Remove button.
Step #2: Kill VirusBurst using the Windows Task Manager
To kill a VirusBurst process that has infected your computer, you will need to use the Windows Task Manager to check by process, highlight the process in question, and then end the task. To do this:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC on the keyboard.
- Click on Processes Tab to see all active tasks. For easier detection, left click the process under the heading Image Name.
- Find and kill the following VirusBurst process:
- Once you’ve identified the VirusBurst process, press DEL on your keyboard or click End Process to kill it from your system.
Step #3: Use PsKill to Kill a Process
Sometimes a parasite can disable your Windows Task Manager so you can use pslist and pskill (a third party application by Mark Russinovich) to list and kill the unwanted processes.
- Download PsKill or PsList.
- Extract the program from the .Zip archive.
- Move pskill.exe to your C: drive.
- Open a command window and click Start > Run.
- Type cmd and click the OK button.
- In the command window, type C:pskill.exe and the name of the process you wish to kill, then press Enter. For example, if you wanted to kill the process for VirusBurst, you would type: C:pskill.exe VirusBurst.exe.
If the file was successfully removed, PsKill will say “process VirusBurst.exe killed”.
- Find and Remove these VirusBurst files:
VirusBurst 6.1 Website.lnk
Uninstall VirusBurst 6.1.lnk
Posted: September 25, 2006 | By SpywareRemove
Rate this article: