Aldi Bot Description
Aldi Bot is a botnet construction kit that can force your PC to become part of Distributed-Denial-of-Service crimes, steal passwords or force your PC to be used as a proxy for arbitrary protocols. Although these functions aren't unusual for Trojan-based infections, Aldi Bot has achieved attention lately, by being sold in an easily-configurable package for only ten Euros (or just under fourteen US dollars). Computers that are infected by Aldi Bot may show few symptoms of being controlled, which is why SpywareRemove.com malware researchers strongly encourage you to use appropriate anti-malware products to detect and remove Aldi Bot whenever you suspect a possible infection.
Aldi Bot – A Great Software Deal (for Criminals to Compromise Your PC)
The current price point for Aldi Bot is set at €10, or roughly $13.97. This easily-affordable price tag includes an instant-messaging system to allow the developer to contact purchasers, spyware features, backdoor Trojan features and even a command and control server that can be used to receive stolen information. As far as botnet construction kits go, Aldi Bot is incredibly cheap and functional, allowing criminals to afford newfound access to computers without the consent of their users.
Aldi Bot appears to be based off of code from the Zeus banking keylogger, although Aldi Bot lacks Zeus's ability to target and steal bank-related information. However, SpywareRemove.com malware analysts have found that Aldi Bot Trojans can be responsible for the following attacks:
- Stolen passwords, specifically from JDownloader (a file-downloading utility), Pidgin (an instant-messaging client) and the Firefox web browser. Since Aldi Bot Trojans can only target passwords that have been saved, refraining from saving your passwords can help you to avoid Aldi Bot-based password theft. If you suspect that an Aldi Bot Trojan has already stolen your password, you should change it as soon as possible.
- DDoS attacks that use system resources to flood websites with unauthorized traffic (typically for the purpose of shutting them down).
- Poor system performance due to excessive system resource usage.
- Network and security settings that have been changed to values that reduce your security and ability to control network traffic.
- The usage of your PC as a SOCKS proxy to assist with unauthorized data transfers.
Aldi Bot – a PC Threat Full of Attacks but Lacking in Legs
Although SpywareRemove.com malware researchers have noted many types of hostile features in Aldi Bot, Aldi Bot Trojans don't have a predefined propagation method. Purchasers of Aldi Bot kits are forced to use external means of propagating Aldi Bot Trojans, which may, therefore, use many different methods to attack any particular PC.
Common sources of infection include malicious scripts that are embedded in advertisements and websites, hidden Trojan installation routines in software packages and fake software update links that contain disguised Aldi Bot installers. You can protect yourself from Aldi Bot Trojans by using standard safety procedures, such as keeping your browser, OS and security software up-to-date. If you believe that Aldi Bot Trojans have attacked your PC, you should use suitable anti-malware programs to find and remove any Aldi Bot-related software for minimal damage to your operating system.
Use SpyHunter to Detect and Remove PC Threats
If you are concerned that malware or PC threats similar to Aldi Bot may have infected your computer, we recommend you start an in-depth system scan with SpyHunter. SpyHunter is an advanced malware protection and remediation application that offers subscribers a comprehensive method for protecting PCs from malware, in addition to providing one-on-one technical support service.
Why can't I open any program including SpyHunter? You may have a malware file running in memory that kills any programs that you try to launch on your PC. Tip: Download SpyHunter from a clean computer, copy it to a USB thumb drive, DVD or CD, then install it on the infected PC and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.