Posted: September 12, 2023
The following fields listed on the Threat Meter containing a specific value, are explained in detail below:
Threat Level: The threat level scale goes from 1 to 10 where 10 is the highest level of severity and 1 is the lowest level of severity. Each specific level is relative to the threat's consistent assessed behaviors collected from SpyHunter's risk assessment model.
Detection Count: The collective number of confirmed and suspected cases of a particular malware threat. The detection count is calculated from infected PCs retrieved from diagnostic and scan log reports generated by SpyHunter.
Volume Count: Similar to the detection count, the Volume Count is specifically based on the number of confirmed and suspected threats infecting systems on a daily basis. High volume counts usually represent a popular threat but may or may not have infected a large number of systems. High detection count threats could lay dormant and have a low volume count. Criteria for Volume Count is relative to a daily detection count.
Trend Path: The Trend Path, utilizing an up arrow, down arrow or equal symbol, represents the level of recent movement of a particular threat. Up arrows represent an increase, down arrows represent a decline and the equal symbol represent no change to a threat's recent movement.
% Impact (Last 7 Days): This demonstrates a 7-day period change in the frequency of a malware threat infecting PCs. The percentage impact correlates directly to the current Trend Path to determine a rise or decline in the percentage.
|First Seen:||September 12, 2023|
|Last Seen:||October 17, 2023|
If you find yourself repeatedly redirected to Videolightstream.com while browsing the internet, it's crucial to recognize that you may have an unwanted extension or malicious software lurking on your computer system. Videolightstream.com is a problematic website notorious for redirecting browsers to various undesirable destinations. These redirects may include, but are not limited to, ads promoting unwanted Chrome extensions, adult content sites, online games, counterfeit software updates, and surveys. Furthermore, this nefarious website might lead you into downloading unwelcome programs onto your device.
Detecting the presence of malicious elements like Videolightstream.com on your browser or system is crucial. Here are some common signs that can help you identify if your computer has been infected by adware or a browser hijacker:
- Website Malfunctions: Websites you typically visit may not load correctly, displaying errors or unexpected behavior.
- Browser Setting Changes: Unintentional modifications in browser settings, such as changes to your homepage, new tab page, search engine, proxy, DNS, and more.
- Unwanted Redirections: Frequent redirection to phishing or scam pages when you attempt to browse the web, posing significant security risks.
- Push Notification Pop-Ups: An onslaught of push notification pop-ups promoting deceptive or rogue content.
- Unwanted Add-ons and Extensions: The appearance of unintentionally activated programs, browser add-ons, extensions, and other software changes.
It's important to note that symptoms may vary depending on the specific adware or browser hijacker infecting your system.
The potential harms caused by Videolightstream.com
1. Modify Your Browser Settings: Videolightstream.com can alter critical browser settings, such as your homepage, default search engine, and new tab page, without your consent. Resetting these settings can be time-consuming and frustrating.
2. Display Annoying Ads: This hijacking application is known for inundating users with unwanted ads, pop-ups, and banners. These advertisements can be highly annoying and, if clicked, may lead to even more harmful content or malware downloads.
3. Redirect Your Web Traffic: Videolightstream.com can forcefully redirect your web traffic to other websites, even when you didn't intend to visit them. These redirected sites may harbor malicious content like malware, phishing scams, or other fraudulent activities.
4. Slow Down Your Computer: Adware and hijackers like Videolightstream.com often consume system resources in the background, leading to a sluggish and unresponsive computer that may even crash.
5. Cause Browser Crashes: The presence of Videolightstream.com can lead to browser crashes or freezes, potentially causing data loss and frustration.
6. Decrease Your Online Privacy: This unwanted software can compromise your online privacy by tracking your browsing habits, collecting personal information, and displaying intrusive ads. This can expose you to identity theft, fraud, and other cybercrimes.
Videolightstream.com can inflict a wide range of harms on your device and privacy. Therefore, it's essential to take proactive measures to protect your computer, such as using reputable antivirus software and keeping your browser and operating system up to date. Additionally, regularly checking your browser extensions and removing any suspicious ones can help prevent these types of infections.