Whatcarefreefeelslike.com is a malicious website that promotes scamware products and uses advertisements as fake content to funnel affiliate-based revenue back to itself. As is often the case for malicious sites, SpywareRemove.com malware experts have also noted that Whatcarefreefeelslike.com has a habit of using browser-redirecting Trojans to redirect visitors to Whatcarefreefeelslike.com even if they're attempting to visit an unrelated website. Although Whatcarefreefeelslike.com appears to have been shut down by the relevant authorities as of October 24th 2011, Whatcarefreefeelslike.com browser hijackers are still able to attack your computer and should be considered serious threats to your security and privacy. SpywareRemove.com malware researchers strongly encourage you to be alert for symptoms of Whatcarefreefeelslike.com-affiliated infections and use a suitable anti-malware application to delete any Trojan that may have infected your PC.
Whatcarefreefeelslike.com – a More Accurate Example of What PC Attacks Feel Like
Prior to being shut down, Whatcarefreefeelslike.com was a website that used Google Redirect Virus infections and similar PC threats to force traffic to its site. Contact with Whatcarefreefeelslike.com or any site that's related to Whatcarefreefeelslike.com can be a source of infection, even if you don't install anything of your own free will, since such harmful sites have been known to install PC threats via concealed Java and Flash scripts. To protect your browser from such attacks, update your browser whenever a new patch is available, keep your security settings strict, disable scripts when they're not needed and use active an anti-malware application.
Besides sites with frequent usage of harmful drive-by-download scripts, SpywareRemove.com malware researchers have noted that websites that are linked to Whatcarefreefeelslike.com tend to fall under the following categories:
- Phishing sites that pose as an account login page, a fake survey or a fake contest. In most cases, they'll request private information such as your e-mail address or zip code.
- Sites that promote scamware products, including fake anti-virus programs and fake registry cleaners. Such sites are particularly well-known for using misleading infection warnings and error messages.
- Valueless advertisement-based sites that have no useful content and only display commerce-related advertisement to derive a small amount of profit from your traffic.
Removing a Trojan Infection for Carefree PC Usage
Even though Whatcarefreefeelslike.com has been shut down, prior contact with Whatcarefreefeelslike.com or contact with a Whatcarefreefeelslike.com-linked site still has the potential to leave a browser-hijacking infection on your PC. If this applies to you, SpywareRemove.com malware analysts advise you to look for symptoms like the ones noted below:
- Redirects (similar to Google Redirect Virus attacks) that take you to Whatcarefreefeelslike.com, an error page or to another type of suspicious website. Many browser hijacker redirects occur only when you click a search engine's result link, but others can occur during different circumstances, and some attack without pattern.
- Web browser settings that are locked to unusual values and refuse to be changed back to normal. Whatcarefreefeelslike.com may be set to be your home website or set to appear whenever you open a new tab. A popular variant of this attack allows you to change your settings but changes them back as soon as your PC reboots.
- Pop-ups and generally-altered online content, such as links that are added to text articles.
However, none of these attacks are known to cause permanent damage to the infected PC in almost all cases, as long as the Whatcarefreefeelslike.com infection is removed with an appropriate anti-malware program.
Use SpyHunter to Detect and Remove PC Threats
If you are concerned that malware or PC threats similar to Whatcarefreefeelslike.com may have infected your computer, we recommend you start an in-depth system scan with SpyHunter. SpyHunter is an advanced malware protection and remediation application that offers subscribers a comprehensive method for protecting PCs from malware, in addition to providing one-on-one technical support service.
Why can't I open any program including SpyHunter? You may have a malware file running in memory that kills any programs that you try to launch on your PC. Tip: Download SpyHunter from a clean computer, copy it to a USB thumb drive, DVD or CD, then install it on the infected PC and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.